Saturday, August 30, 2008
Happiness
My illusion about the achievement of happiness being a journey with a destination is slowly dying away. Concomitantly, temporal perception is shifting from linear movement toward a future, to the understanding of there being no future. Hence, happiness is slowly uncovered as a basic state, fresh in the present moment, by tuning the mind to the perception of here-now, and here-now alone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"happiness is slowly uncovered as a basic state, fresh in the present moment, by tuning the mind to the perception of here-now, and here-now alone".
This is helpful...I think for me the line between happiness and joy is separated by circumstance. I'm thinking about all of this. There are huge pockets in my life of happiness and they are always there,especially when I think of my children. In other places, there is sadness, discontent, frustration. All these places co-exist within me at the same time, and that I can accept.
Thanks Ciro.
Dear Mary,
Perhaps happiness/joy can be recognized beyond the experience of sensory perception (feeling good/feeling bad), which gives our view of the world and of our lives. In the space between perception and reaction, with which we connect while practicing meditation, we get to see our true nature. I've noticed that if I stay present, non-reactive all the way through a difficult situation, I get to experience joy underneath.
Post a Comment