At Starbucks, a pair of guys ahead of me take their time to choose their drinks. There is no sense of hurry in them, nor in the attendant, fully committed to her young customers' thinking process. I look at the attendant who looks at the boys. The silent pause lingers onward. The next word isn't uttered. As I observe, I see a space to place my order while still being respectful with the boys. I refrain from rushing past them, and as I do, I land present to the bubble that had been quietly brewing. The now has now a strong, nourishing taste of peace and energy.
Only a few minutes later, driving back to the office, I look to my left and see, inside a car, a moving hand. A young man signs, the driver divides her attention between the wheel and the words uttered by the quiet hand.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment